Traditional Brazilian & Afro-Brazilian Songs & Rhythms
Develop a wide range of musical skills in a fun and friendly environment.
Singing is a great energiser for the body and brain, helping to improve focus, reduce stress, boost mood and support general well-being.
Thursday Evenings 18:30-19:30
4 Week Course at King St Studios
Coming Autumn 2022
ABOUT THE COURSE
- A relaxed and friendly introduction to Brazilian & Afro-Brazilian Song for all levels.
- This class is taught by our main percussion & dance teacher, Mika.
- We'll cover a wide range of styles from all over Brazil and build up beautiful melodies in parts.
- As well as signing, we'll also learn some accompanying rhythms through clapping and body percussion.
- The aim is to provide you with the opportunity to enjoy making music together and get all those brain and body benefits of singing!
- The course will take place at our drumming HQ - King Street Studios, King St, Newcastle-under-Lyme, ST51EJ (down from the New Vic Theatre).
- There is on-street parking at the front of the building and on surrounding streets.
- Please follow social distancing and hand hygiene as indicated at the venue. We will send more detail once you've registered.
- £20 for the course of 4 classes.
- To adhere to current limits on numbers, all courses will be pre-paid only.
- Payments accepted by card or paypal account, via paypal.
SOUNDS GOOD! SIGN ME UP
If you like the sound of this, book your place here.
After this course, you might like to try some traditional hand drumming with us to explore the rhythms further. More info here.