Chair Based Brazilian Dance Class for EveryBody
Join Mika for weekly sessions to connect with others and boost your health & well-being.
Explore styles from all over Brazil in our easy-to-follow dances to help improve your strength, balance and mobility.
Thursday mornings 11:15-12:00
Free sessions via Zoom
Join us anytime
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Anyone who enjoys moving to music and would like to get together for a virtual dance-along with others.
- Aimed at older adults who would like to access some structured gentle chair based exercise to improve their health and well-being.
- Residents of North Staffordshire.
WHAT WILL WE DO?
- Start with a gentle warm up to mobilise the body and boost circulation.
- Explore a variety of dance styles with lots of options and adaptations of movements to choose from.
- Finish with some gentle stretching and a final dance to re-energise us ready for the next part of our day.
- The songs and dances cover a range of Brazilian carnival styles and social dance traditions.
WHAT DO I NEED?
- A device to watch the sessions via Zoom, the bigger the screen the better.
- You may wish to plug a speaker into your device if you have one.
- A comfortable sturdy chair without arms and a clear safe space around you.
- Choose your level of participation throughout to suit how you're feeling, so you feel comfortable and safe.
SOUNDS GOOD, I'D LIKE TO REGISTER
- If you like the sound of this and would like to join the class please register here.
- This form includes some quick multiple choice questions to ensure this exercise class is right for you.
I HAVE A QUESTION...
If there's anything you'd like to ask us before registering please get in touch here.