Chair Based Dance Exercise for EveryBody
Join Mika for weekly sessions to connect with others and boost your health & well-being.
Explore styles from all over Brazil and beyond in our easy-to-follow dances to help improve your strength, balance and mobility.
Penkhull Village Hall
St Wulstan's Community Centre
Online at Home
WHO IS IT FOR?
- Anyone who enjoys moving to music and would like to get together for a dance-along with others.
- Anyone who would like to access some structured gentle chair based exercise to improve their health and well-being.
- Residents of North Staffordshire and surrounding areas.
WHAT WILL WE DO?
- Start with a gentle warm up to mobilise the body and boost circulation.
- Explore a variety of dance styles, with lots of options and adaptations of movements to choose from.
- Finish with some gentle stretching and a final dance to re-energise us ready for the next part of our day.
- The songs and dances cover a range of carnival styles and social dance traditions from Brazil and beyond.
- Tuesdays 14:00-15:00 at Penkhull Village Hall, Trent Valley Road, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 5JB. Free car park to the rear and free on-street parking at the front.
- Wednesdays 09:30-10:30 at St Wulstan's Community Centre, Church Lane, Wolstanton, Newcastle-under-Lyme, ST5 0EF. Free car park at the front of the buidling.
- Thursdays 11:00-11:45 on Zoom. You'll need a device to watch the sessions via Zoom (the bigger the screen the better), a comfortable sturdy chair without arms, and a clear safe space around you.
- Classes are supported in the short-term by funding from the National Lottery Local Connections Fund and The Malam Fund.
- Donations are welcome for in-person classes (suggested £3).
- All donations received will go towards keeping these classes going after the funded period.
If you like the sound of this and would like to join any of our Seated Samba classed please register here. This form includes some quick multiple choice questions to ensure this exercise class is right for you.
I HAVE A QUESTION...
If there's anything you'd like to ask us before registering please get in touch here.