Toe Tapping Beats from all over Brazil
Develop a wide range of musical skills in a fun and friendly environment.
Drumming is a great workout for the body and brain, helping to improve focus, reduce stress, boost mood and support general well-being.
Tuesday Evenings 18:00-19:00
Beginners Course at King St Studios
ABOUT THE COURSE
- A fun and friendly introduction to Brazilian Carnival Drumming for beginners and newcomers.
- This class is taught by our main percussion & dance teacher, Mika.
- We'll cover rhythms using a range of drums, including snare and bass drums, hand drums & agogo bells and we'll rotate round so everyone gets the chance to have a go at everything.
- The aim is to provide you with the opportunity to enjoy making music and get all those brain and body benefits of drumming!
- The course will take place at our drumming HQ - King Street Studios, King St, Newcastle-under-Lyme, ST51EJ (down from the New Vic Theatre).
- There is on-street parking at the front of the building and on surrounding streets.
- Please follow social distancing and hand hygiene as indicated at the venue. We will send more detail once you've registered.
- £20 for the course of 4 classes.
- To adhere to current limits on numbers, all courses will be pre-paid only.
- Payments accepted by card or paypal account, via paypal.
SOUNDS GOOD! SIGN ME UP
If you like the sound of this, join the waiting list here to get first dibs on spaces.
After your first course, you're welcome to continue for the following month's course. For those who would like to take it to the next level, you may be ready to join our intermediate Carnival Drumming Group on Tuesdays 7-8:30pm after a few beginners course blocks.